Due to the virus, there have been changes on how we serve in the pantry.
We are doing the very best that we can to serve those in need in our community during this challenging time.
Beginning on Monday, March 16th, Broken Arrow Neighbors will be operating on an abbreviated schedule.
Monday – Thursday 10am – 2pm
Monday & Thursday 5-7pm
(for working clients)
If you are planning on visiting our pantry, please keep in mind:
– We ask that you bring with you Current proof of Address, Current Proof of income, and Valid I.D for all household members or send it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– You will enter Broken Arrow Neighbors on the northeast side of the building; identified by a red marker.
– Only one adult per household is allowed to shop (18+). Children will not be allowed in pantry.
– We will be open from 10am – 2pm Monday – Thursday.
– We will also be open Monday and Thursday nights for working clients from 5pm – 7pm. We are limiting this to 10 clients and we ask that they bring a pay stub.
– We will be providing services to clients once every 30 days.
– We are asking that every shopper wears a mask and gloves to enter pantry.
– Please attempt to complete your shopping within 20-25 minutes.
– We will be disinfecting between shoppers.
– If the pantry door is locked between the hours of 10am – 2pm (Monday – Thursday) or 5pm – 7pm (Monday and Thursday), please call 918-960-4354 and a BAN representative will be with you shortly.
– Please practice social distancing!
Please keep in mind:
We will be moving to scheduling food pantry appointments beginning in June. Appointments can be made by emailing email@example.com or by calling 918-251-7781 during business hours.
We are changing on what seems to be an hourly basis right now while we are trying to serve as many as we can in a safe and effective manner.
Please continue to see our website and Facebook page for updates.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and understanding.
BAN offers a client-choice food pantry to assist families who are struggling with food insecurity.
Clients may visit our client choice food pantry once every 30 days as needed.
In order to receive pantry assistance, clients must arrive at Broken Arrow Neighbors near 3:15 (Tuesday & Wednesday) or 6:15pm (Monday & Thursday with current pay stub). Our volunteers leave at 4:00pm (Tuesday & Wednesday) or 7:00pm (Monday & Thursday) and it is imperative that this is respected.
Additional Pantry Services
Veteran’s Shelf: BAN offers several additional items to our clients who are Veterans. This is a small way that we can express our appreciation to those who have served in the armed forces to secure the freedoms we all enjoy.
Meal of the Month (MOM): Several times throughout the year, BAN will select a recipe and gather the pantry items needed to prepare a home cooked meal. All of the items needed are placed in a bag and given out to our clients.
Supplements of Summer (SOS): During the summer months when children are out of school and family budgets are stretched thin, BAN offers 8-10 additional items to families with school aged children.
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – formerly known as Food Stamps): BAN can FAX completed SNAP Applications to DHS to assist with registration for services.
Food for Kids: Broken Arrow Neighbors participates in the ‘Food for Kids‘ program (as a partner of The Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma.) One in four children is considered food insecure in Oklahoma. The Food for Kids (backpack program) provides nutritious, kid-friendly food to food insecure students to take home on Friday after school. Without this food, many students would return to school on Monday having eaten little or no food on the weekend. St. Stephen’s United Methodist is our main partner for this program.