Our previous structure was 70+ years old with a mass of functional and safety issues that restricted not only the level of service we could provide, but severely compromised (or in many cases negated) the possibility of future programs.
As Broken Arrow Neighbors (BAN) entered its 30th year of service to the Community of Broken Arrow by providing services to our “neighbors in need,” the Board of Directors unanimously voted and fully committed to securing a new facility which would provide an even more effective and efficient operation as well as long-term agency stability.
We were also hoping to make a long time agency dream reality: the establishment of an endowment to further ensure agency growth and stability for years ahead.
Over the last five years, the Board of Directors had been dedicated to their fiduciary responsibility and diligent in efforts to steward agency resources. They were prepared to fiscally seed this effort with $500,000 of agency funds with a lofty campaign goal of $1,152,564. We entered the public phase of our Capital Campaign (or Building Fundraiser) to engage community support for our efforts in January of 2014 to “Open New Doors for Broken Arrow Neighbors and Those We Serve.“
Groundbreaking for our Comprehensive Community Resource Center occurred on January 30, 2014.
Our new 10,000 sq. ft. facility, includes both office and warehouse space and features:
- Vehicle bays for greater ease in collection and distribution of donated items/food
- Walk-in fridge/freezer to keep frozen meat and fresh produce & dairy items in-stock
- Additional parking and better traffic flow (vehicular and pedestrian)
- New computer and phone systems
- Added safety, privacy and “self-shop” components to client process to add personal choice and thus reduce waste
- Enhanced programs with increased service hours for more client access
- Space for additional resources in-house (such as our medical and dental clinic)
- Room to expand existing programs and add new ones in the future
We look forward to this exciting time for our agency, clients, volunteers and the community of Broken Arrow – our neighbors. Come and visit us!