Thank you for your interest in helping make a difference at Broken Arrow Neighbors!
Broken Arrow Neighbors has a large team of volunteers who work on a regular basis. Many of our volunteers are retired or work part-time. Others simply desire to give some of their free time to volunteer at BAN.
The following volunteer positions are available at BAN on a regular basis. We schedule our volunteers based on a monthly calendar with two spaces available per shift in most volunteer areas.
We offer several shifts for volunteers to choose from:
- Mondays: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm / 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm / 4:00 – 7:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm / 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm
- Wednesdays: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm / 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm
- Thursdays: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm / 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm / 4:00 – 7:00 pm
BAN is closed on Fridays and Weekends
Please click here to fill out our on-line Volunteer Application for one of our volunteer opportunities.
You may click here for our printable Application Form, then FAX (918-251-9108), mail or hand-deliver it to us at:
Broken Arrow Neighbors, 315 W. College St., Broken Arrow, OK 74012
If you or your group desire to volunteer at Broken Arrow Neighbors, please click here to fill out our on-line group community service request.
For more information about volunteering, please contact us at 918-251-7781!
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- greet clients and guests and prepare files/documents for BAN services
- reviews client file and meets individually with each client to discuss services needed and assist with paperwork based on client needs.
- assists clients with questions as they shop in our client choice food pantry and help them “check out” after shopping.
- help and sort and distribute food donations, assist with preparing food items that go into food pantry, minor cleaning, other duties as needed.
- Pick-Up Drivers
- pick up donations from both scheduled and random donations. Requires a lot of lifting and moving items.
- Medical Clinic (Monday evenings)
- Positions include Receptionist for medical clinic, Rx Coordinator, Doctor, or Nurse. Each position is detail oriented and requirements vary.
- Dental Clinic (as scheduled)
- Positions include Dentist, Hygienist, and Dental Assistants. Each position is detail oriented and requirements vary.
- Broken Arrow Community Book Fair
- Book Fair volunteers process donations and prepare for the upcoming book fair.
- In addition to the Book Fairs, volunteers usually work on Wednesday mornings.
- Panera Pick-up (Monday evenings at 8:45 PM)
- Every Monday evening at closing, Panera (Broken Arrow location) donates their left-over pastries and breads to BAN. Our Panera volunteer will arrive at Panera 5-10 minutes prior to closing (9:00 PM) and wait for Panera staff to box up the donation items. The Panera volunteer will bring the items back to BAN and drop them off. If you desire to volunteer, but have day time commitments, this is an excellent volunteer opportunity for you.