Upcoming Events in November
- Christmas Tree Display @ The Museum on Main
- Trees will be on display from Nov. 4 – Dec. 10
- View donated trees from various BA merchants and groups
- Visitors are asked to bring an unwrapped toy for BAN’s Gift Gallery
- All donated trees will be given to BAN families during Gift Gallery
- McAlister’s Night Fundraiser
- Tuesday, November 29 from 5:00 – closing
- Proceeds from sales will benefit Broken Arrow Neighbors
- Pancake Breakfast to support Cops & Kids Shopping Trips
- Saturday, November 19 from 6 – 11 AM at the Broken Arrow Public Safety Center, 1121 N. 6th St.
- Donations appreciated
- National Honor Society Peanut Butter & Jelly Drive
- Continuation of Kate Walker’s vision in which she collected over 1000 jars of PB&J in spring 2016
- NHS Students at local Wal-Mart locations through Thanksgiving collecting for BAN
- Look for the cute high school students in costume
- November 12 @ 81st & Garnett store from 9-3
**HOLIDAY REGISTRATION NOTICE**
IMPORTANT HOLIDAY INFORMATION AND CHANGES FOR 2016
Holiday registration for 2016 has ended.
Thanksgiving Meal Baskets will be distributed on Tuesday, November 22nd from 9am-4pm at BAN.
Christmas Meal supplements will be distributed through our client choice pantry during normal hours of operation during the month of December. There will be no registration for this and supplements will be distributed on a first come first serve basis.
Gift Gallery will be reserved for children ages newborn – 10 years. Once again admittance to Gift Gallery will be determined by Broken Arrow Neighbors’ staff. Those families that haven’t received this assistance in the past will be admitted first followed by those that have previously attended Gift Gallery.
AGAIN, HOLIDAY REGISTRATION BEGINS ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 3RD AND CONCLUDES ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME FRAME FOR 2016 HOLIDAY REGISTRATION.
Please know that, while we want to encourage happy holidays for those we serve, we must continue to focus on our day to day operations that accompany a client choice food pantry. On average, 90-100 families seek food assistance each week. We are fortunate that several local churches support our Thanksgiving Meal Basket program, so we do not utilize any of our existing stock. By restructuring our method for distributing Christmas meal supplements, we are hopeful this will allow donations to focus on food products in high demand for daily pantry operations – Manwich, Chili, Beef Stew, Can Chicken, Box Potatoes, Box Meals, Spaghetti Sauce, Peanut Butter & Jelly. Your donations are greatly appreciated and essential to the success of our mission.
We ask for new, unwrapped toys for children ages newborn-10 years. That is our only restriction! Gifts need to be at Broken Arrow Neighbors by Thursday, December 15th.
Thank you for your interest in our programs and desire to be a part of the mission of Broken Arrow Neighbors.
*Service area is restricted to Broken Arrow residents.
Nuestro traductor español suele ser aquí el miércoles por la tarde.
(Please contact us in advance of your arrival if you have other communication needs.)